Monday, December 18, 2006

Quick update

I have a RUQ abdominal ultrasound scheduled tomorrow at 7 am. I got a long list of bloodwork done this morning -- the diagnostic marker for PBC as well as a bunch of other liver-related tests. It feels kind of weird to be doing all this testing for something other than trying to conceive -- I've become a creature of habit, I suppose.

In addition to the itching, now I have developed some minor pain in the right upper abdomen, mostly when I take a deep breath. Even though it may sound weird to say this, the pain could be better news in that it *could* just be a gallstone or something easily correctable, but at this point I'm just going to wait and see.

Taking things one step at a time isn't my strong suit, but I'm doing my best.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

You know, now that you mention it, my mom had incredible uncontrollable itching when she was having gall bladder trouble. It sounds weird to wish someone gallstones...but I hope that's all it is for you.

12/18/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I hope whatever it is that it isn't major and it is easily fix-able. I'm thinking about you.

12/18/2006 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa, I am thinking of you too and hoping that everything turns out to be fine. Hang in there, my dear.

12/18/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you, too. I hope they come up with a diagnosis quickly and that whatever is found is easily treatable.

All my best to you and G!

12/18/2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I hope things turn out alright!

12/19/2006 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home