Sunday, November 26, 2006

Belated thanks

It's not that I wasn't thankful on Thanksgiving -- I was, indeed. I was just extremely busy. We had nine at our table this year and that was bigger (by one) than any meal I've ever made, but it went smoothly! For that I was very thankful.

I was also thankful that the HSG did not hurt as badly as the second one did. First and third were done by radiologists, second was done by Dr. S, the surgeon who did my septum resection -- maybe he uses a different method?? All in all, although I really was dreading the test right up until the moment it started, it was easier than I was imagining it.

Also thankful for the fact that my tubes were not blocked at all, although I ddin't expect them to be. However, I've come to learn that expectations can lead to letdowns, and as such it's really good that I was not surprised by a new problem with Friday's test.

I am hopeful that the results of G's SA will also bring no surprises, but I will wait to give thanks for that until after we're sure.

It's good to have things to be thankful for even after Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Lisa! Hoping that you have even more to give thanks for next year...

11/26/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger SWH said...

I had an HSG last week too (which also revealed clear tubes) and have low progesterone... blah...

So I'm glad your procedure went smoothly and hope that your body kicks into gear and starts ovulating/producing more progesterone. (I'm hoping mine will too!)

I'm trying to be patient and give the whole "3 month increase in fertility post HSG" thing a chance and then will be looking into drugs.

11/28/2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I hope you have more to be thankful for in the near future...

11/30/2006 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home