Monday, December 04, 2006

Justifiable paranoia, in this case.

A nonchalant call to the doctor's office just now confirmed my fears - the nurse just didn't forget to call, "she can't read those kind of results." In other words, there's something wrong.

I have to wait forty-five minutes until the doctor gets in to find out the bad news. Will update later.

----------------------------

Later, it is. No news is just that, no news. I'm guessing the doctor has been seeing patients since his arrival and plans his "calling time" after the days appointments are through.

G and I are supposed to be going to an event tonight, one sans alcohol. (Who plans events without alcohol??) He called me earlier and asked if I still felt like going. I said I didn't know. At this rate, I may as well go, I suppose. I'm already expecting the worst.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nica said...

This is why I have my husband be the one who calls the doctor's office.

Fingers crossed!

12/04/2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Treggles said...

I keep checking in for that update, Lisa...

Hope all's well.

12/04/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

Oh, crap. I hope everything is okay.

12/04/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Any news yet? Crossing my fingers for you.

12/04/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Ugh, how painful to be kept waiting like this. Hoping!

12/04/2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

or maybe the nurse just isn't real bright? I hope everything is ok.

12/04/2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Hope everything is fine!

12/04/2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

That's what flasks are for. Take one and tuck it into your bossoms... ;-)

12/04/2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I am hoping everything is ok.

12/04/2006 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never know, some doctors like to go over results with you just because some issues are complicated--not necessarily bad . . . here's to everything being ok.

12/04/2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home