Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Christmas wish...

...is so not going how I imagined it.

I really, REALLY wanted to get no more bad news this year. I figured I'd had enough for one year and really, couldn't it be spread a little more evenly, say among a few decades or so??

In my first bit of confusing news, my progesterone from this month was apparently perfectly fine, because now we're NOT doing Clomid. Nope, proceed directly to the RE's office, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Why?

Apparently, G's SA results were worse than the nurse implied with her "low motility, good count" message. 3% motility, and only 15% normal morphology. Doesn't much matter if we had 76 million swimmers in there if almost none of them are moving and hardly any of them are in good enough shape to do the job.

It still is possible, I suppose, that there was some fluke in the test and another months' test would be better. I know there's probably some things we can do (supplements, etc.) that could improve things. And there still may be underlying causes in my workup that could be problematic as well, including whatever it is that's going on with my GI system. But for now, I just wish I could wave something magical and make it all go away.

I wish.

3 Comments:

Blogger BigP's Heather said...

but were you rubbing the wishing stone at stirrup queens when wishing? Cause I hear that makes all the difference.

12/21/2006 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Lisa, no. I'm sorry about more bad news. But (determined to see the bright side over here) if that's the case, there is a lot they can do -- especially if you go the IVF route. It's not good to have more to worry about, but it is good to have something concrete to treat, instead of this constant, huge question mark.

I hope that that turns out to be all, though (your blog name has really, really served its purpose, hasn't it?), and that you get a clean bill of health soon. Thinking of you.

12/21/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I wish you have no more bad news and a better test result next time. And I am going over to the Stirrup Queens to wish that on the wishing stone, too!

12/21/2006 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home