Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Playing the waiting game...

"I hate waiting." - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

"The waaaaaaiting is the hardest part." - Tom Petty, perhaps with or without Heartbreakers, I'm not sure

"So tired of waiting for yoooooooou." - The Kinks, definitely without Heartbreakers, Ray Davies notwithstanding.

---

So yeah, I'm waiting, on a few things actually.

Number one, waiting to ovulate. This may or may not be occurring in the next 24-36 hours if you believe the possibly positive OPK I got today. I say possibly because I am horrible at reading these things; really, I only do it because I'm following SMEP and because I'm notorious for being addicted to peeing on sticks. (I've been trying to come up with a clever acronym but all that is coming to mind is the code word for the president, and I can't get past that.) The joy of using OPK's is to be able to see nice, dark double lines. But then you have to *interpret* them. Is today's darker than the control line? Should I be concerned that yesterday's was a complete dud? Should I consider today a positive?? God, I don't know. It's more frustrating than I thought it would be, although the exhilaration of peeing on something that comes back with a result kind of makes up for it.

Number two: waiting for my Lost Season 2 DVD's to arrive. UPS tracking is a wonderful thing, but WHY if the package left Lexington at 10:46 haven't I gotten any updates by now? Has someone hijacked my truck?? (Yeah, I'm a bit obsessed, but it helps to keep my mind off the baby-making stuff. Heh, I said "baby-making;" reminds me of that radio commercial for the Clear.blue Easy OPK, the one that has smiley faces instead of lines to tell you if you're ovulating. Why didn't I buy those again?? Oh wait, I was saying that something took my mind off of that... yeah, right. Hrmph.)

And, number three, waiting for the company that may or may not hire me for a 2-4 week temp assignment to call me. The temp agency phoned me this morning to ask me if I was interested in the job (uhh, yeah) and to say that they would send over my resume, so that the company could do phone screenings. That was almost five and a half hours ago. I would hope that they don't see me as being *too* qualified for temp work... isn't paranoia a wonderful thing??

Now excuse me, I need to go squint at these double lines again for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Your LOST UPS truck and my new Verizon cell phone FedEx truck must've had an accident somewhere in KY. I swear, the South is a whole other universe.

9/06/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Sorry - I'm laughing so hard. I despise Tom Petty, and seeing his whine in print was the best thing he's ever done. You helped.

9/06/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home