Sunday, August 13, 2006

The hormonal roller coaster is not as fun as it looks.

We ended the "baby-making-sex" phase of the sperm-meets-egg plan. I suspect I ovulated two days ago, now I just need to see what my temps do to see whether the dates are right. Whether the plan was more than just a waste of money on OPK's and a lot of sex, remains to be seen. Time to wait for two weeks or thereabouts to see whether it worked.

G and I talked tonight at dinner about planning a fall trip. I complained about the cost of airline tickets, he said "well, you have to think about whether you'll want to fly if you're pregnant." (Where did that come from?) We talked a little later about my work status and whether I was going to temp right away. He mentioned not changing his withholding, and I said "if we get a refund, and we're pregnant, we can use the money for a crib."

And yet, I still have doubts that things will work out. I don't know why, but I feel like a phony talking about being pregnant and having a child and all the things that go along with it. Don't you know that your chances for success go downhill with each passing month? my brain mocks. G's not getting any younger, and they just pinpointed paternal age as possible cause for miscarriages, as well. Yes, the positive vibes are literally SURROUNDING me.

I'll have to try harder if this actually *works*, I guess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Don't feel like a phony. Why shouldn't you hope for a baby? Good luck for this cycle.

8/14/2006 2:53 AM  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

Wishing you the best of luck this cycle. And try not to be discouraged by all of the crappy studies about causes of miscarriage. I never really met any of the risk factors and I had two in a row. They swore I was the lowest of risk...and I was 30 when I lost my two. Then I got pg with a healthy Kameron at 31. Hoping Hoping Hoping for you!

8/14/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

Okay, tell your brain to go take a flying leap! You have plenty of good fertile years left, so just keep thining nice, positive thoughts about your ovaries, lol! Any month where you get lots of sex sounds like a good month to me... and I hope that the sperm plan gives you the edge to make this an extra special month. Fingers crossed for you!

8/14/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Hey, thanks for trying. A little bit of positivity is there. 'For there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.'

If you want science, how about that study a few years ago that sperm makes women feel good? So have sex, just for the fun of it. Doctor's orders!

8/14/2006 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home