Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My version of "Turn, Turn, Turn": a time to be random...

I'm having a major ADD-ish day today. Trouble concentrating on ANYTHING for more than five minutes, aside from the twenty I spent in the bookstore at lunchtime (oops). I found a book that I think is suited to me: it's called The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One. I'm hoping that it will point me in a direction that Do What You Are and The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People didn't back in the 90's. Perhaps I just didn't gain the right insights from them or strayed from the direction they were leading me but "Renaissance Soul" seems more suited to my "one hobby today, new hobby tomorrow" style. In fact, it may help me to make money at my hobbies or at the very least, learn to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Problem is, it keeps changing.
---
I hate to even say boo on this subject (because we all know what happens when I do), but my period is due today and is not here as of half an hour ago. I am sure that I will begin spotting any minute, but since I am not the type of person to keep *anything* to myself, I may as well come clean. I am hoping, but not hopeful. Hopeful got too difficult; hoping still guards my heart a bit but allows for a tiny bit of light to pass by. If things come and go as they normally do, though, I allowed myself the brief indulgence of checking when my due date would be, should I get pregnant next month -- you know, one of those things I alluded to doing in my recent "why isn't fertility fun anymore" post -- and wouldn't you know, it would end up being my birthday in '07. I share my birthday with my own mom, so should fortune not shine on me this month I am hoping that we can pull it off next month -- wouldn't that be a story! I would say stranger things have happened, but I hate to put the words 'strange' and 'pregnancy' in the same paragraph, just because.
---
On the subject of things that are really random *and* probably not the best topics for me to be focusing on but I do them anyway, I am going to fill-in for my best friend at her store while she goes on a buying trip later in August. Why, you ask, is this not the best laid plan for me?? Yep, she owns a maternity store. But I volunteered -- remind me of this when I am bitter and woefully depressed. I'm hoping I won't be, but I should know better by now, right?
---
Ok, random time is over... I need to focus. On writing something other than a random blog post. Transition documents are hard to write when you're feeling random, just so you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

First of all Happy Birthday. Second, you are way stronger than I am to volunteer to work at a maternity store. Wow. I can hardly watch pregnant people on t.v. without changing the channel let alone have an actual dialogue. Third, it's okay to hope. I am hoping for you too. Happy Birthday.

7/25/2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

Oh geez, Kate, I *was* being random today -- that post made it look like today was my birthday, when in fact my birthday's in May (was talking about a possible due date). Sorry!! I'll correct that.

7/25/2006 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home