Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Even the crickets are silent.

Well, my last entry apparently made me sound enough like a clueless fertile to drive everyone running and screaming away from my blog; for better or worse, there's a side of me that is rather naive and innocent: I like Meg Ryan romantic comedies, I want my life to have a fairy tale ending, and I enjoyed (most of) the people on my old fertility-related boards. If it weren't for the fact that I no longer feel like I fit in, I'd probably still be there.

Fact is, I'm not sure where I fit in. I recently saw a quiz* on Catherine's blog that asked "what kind of empath are you?" Several of the questions dealt with how well you felt you fit in with people and with the world as a whole. Perhaps it's just my general melancholy state over the past year that influences my feelings, but I just feel as though I stick out like a sore thumb in so many situations. I don't remember ever feeling this way, even during the awkward middle- and high-school days, because I've always been a person that enjoys making friends. Maybe it's that now, I worry too much about what other people think of me. (Yes, that's what this whole blog entry is about -- I want you to LIKE me, darnit!!)

*For what it's worth, my results on the Empath Quiz are as follows:

You scored as Universal. You are a Universal Empath, you possess all the qualities of the other seven empath groups. You are what is known as an "Implicate" or Imp, a product of evolutionary design and genetic mutation. You are a psychic hybrid. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at MySilentEcho.com)

What Kind of Empath Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com

The genetic mutation thing is really kind of funny. I'm laughing impishly right about now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading too Lisa, just haven't been an active posting person...how could you possibly scare us away?? Gotta take that quiz now..

7/18/2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

A genetically mutated hybrid, no less. But you possess all the best qualities of each group, that's great! I'll have to go do my own now.
FWIW, the last post had me assessing my own feelings on all things fertility-related. I think the fun has gone for me on every level. Didn't want to be a downer.

7/18/2006 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, like you, Lisa, and I didn't think you sounded like a clueless fertile in your previous post; I could relate to what you wrote. I hope that soon you will get your pregnancy with a happy ending.

7/19/2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I still like you. Love you. Adore you. And miss you. And I know you miss you too. And there'll always be a home for you, no matter what part of the journey you're on, or if you're not on one either.

ps I'm a Traveler, the description of which makes me sound just ike E.T. - not fitting in any better (and really worse) than you. So there!

7/19/2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger laura said...

i still read religiously, but what could i or anyone add to such a complete post? stay with us - there's a place for you here, regardless of what happens next for you.

7/20/2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger msfitzita said...

I like you. And I have no idea where I fit in either. Maybe we can start our own special group for people who once belonged somewhere but now belong to many groups and none at all - all at the same time.

If you know what I mean, we're probably in the same group...

:)

7/22/2006 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home