Thursday, July 20, 2006

pay no attention to the insecure woman behind the curtain...

Ok, yeah, so I'm still insecure. I really have to remember that I should be doing this to express my feelings, not for anyone else's approval/comment/criticism. (That being said, though, thank you for your kind comments!) In the struggle with my 8th-grade "why doesn't anyone want to sit at my table for lunch?" feelings, however, I forgot to blog about my most important news: I've turned in my resignation. My last day will be August 4.

Everyone there keeps asking where I'm going and my standard answer is "nowhere, fast!" with a big grin on my face; I guess technically this would be considered "pursuing other opportunities" or "exploring my options." These options may involve nothing more than temping or working retail, but I think it's what I need. I can't handle the stress anymore. When getting yelled at by an end user brings me to tears (or as G said, when a 36-yr old thinks she's having a heart attack), it's time -- well past it, probably -- to do something else. And so I will.

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Yay! Good for you! Find your bliss and go for it!

7/20/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger MB said...

I'm so jealous and so excited for you!

I told Jim the other day I'd rather work at Starbucks than what I'm doing. At least there the benefits are good!

Good luck on your adventure!

7/20/2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger laura said...

congratulations! welcome to the next phase!

7/20/2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Yes, welcome to the next phase, and good for you!

7/21/2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Good on you. Enjoy this new adventurous path.

7/21/2006 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa, congratulations on this step! It sounds eminently right for you.

And I hear you on the hope and frustration and the universe laughing at hopeful symptoms... May it happen for you, soon.

7/22/2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

That sounds like a fantastic positive step. Well done for looking after yourself!

7/24/2006 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home