Monday, August 07, 2006

First days

It's my first day post-old-job, so I'm reminiscing a bit.

First day of kindergarten: my dad was the photographer of the family, but my mom was the only one home. (The pictures are dark.) I need to get one of those from my folks though for my memory box.

First day at a new school, fifth grade: I remember feeling so out of place; I had lots of friends at my old school but knew no one at my new school. It took a while to adjust.

First day of junior high, two years later: friends from old school acted like they didn't remember me; friends from new school acted like everyone at the old school was weird. How I don't miss middle school!

First day of junior high chorus: Wow, so this is what it's like to fit in!!

First day of high school: Yes, I'm related to that teacher. No, he's not my dad. Yes, I'd *love* to hear what you think of him. (If only I'd known then what I know now about SARCASM. Hah.)

First day of college: My very first class was speech, at 8:00 in the morning. I missed a lot of speech classes that first semester.

What's your favorite first-day memory?

3 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

My first day of college. The prof is the new dean, from South Africa. I am so captivated by his accent I later end up dating a guy who lived in South Africa. We date for several years on and off. Then he marries a native South African. They have at least one kid now. And it's not fair.

But it was a good beginning.

8/07/2006 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Lisa, you're making me think. I've been so caught up in the fertility crap that my memory is cloudy. I can't remember any first-days offhand! Thanks for making me think!

8/07/2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

First day of being in London at the start of my two-year overseas odyssey back in 1999. It went downhill from there.

8/09/2006 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home