Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Don't call us, we'll call you

actual conversation at the end of my mom's *third* call today:

Mom: so, I guess I'll talk to you again soon.

me: ok, sure.

Mom: I'll call you Friday.

me: DON'T CALL FRIDAY!!! (pause) I'm sorry, that was rude.

Mom: Saturday, maybe.

---------------------------------
conversation that followed in my head:

No offense, Mom, I just know I can't put on the positive voice I know you want to hear ESPECIALLY on Friday. Not happening. If I have to go to work (and yeah, I have to, I have a presentation that day, aww, SHIT) then I'm going to do my darnest NOT to do anything taxing that night. (pause) Not that talking to you is taxing. (pause again) You know what I mean.
---------------------------------

I get along great with my mom, really I do. It's just that she seems to NEED me to be less depressed when it's really not possible for me to do that, just yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

((Lisa)) - you sooo don't need the pressure of other people wishing you out of your grief!

At least she agreed to Saturday in stead of asking 'why not Friday????'

Not much consolation though, I suppose.

8/19/2005 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home