Sunday, August 14, 2005

Come Monday, it'll be alright...

I spent nearly all day today waiting for someone to call me about my HSG. I had been told the day I scheduled it that "someone would call the night before" to pre-register me and to give me instructions. G said to me at least once "are you sure they'll call you on a Sunday night?" "That's what they said..."

At 6:30 p.m. I finally gave up and called the hospital.

The very kind woman at the information desk helped me to track down the radiology tech on-call so that I could learn that there is no special prep, I can eat in the morning (it's preferable since sometimes people get lightheaded) and I can take Advil. I plan to take one of G's 800 mgs. Hooray for unused prescriptions!

This isn't the scary part, I know. I keep repeating that to myself.
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm really disappointed about the post that's gone missing, the one with the picture of me and Susan Tedeschi. I can repost the pic, but the thoughts that I posted are gone, victims of a rather large quantity of alcohol the following day. (Yeah, I ended up getting a wee bit trashed yesterday at the pool. Drowned my sorrows, I guess. Yay.)
-------------------------------------------------------
My mom called today, because my dad needed to talk to G. I said hello and went to give the phone to him, and that was all I said to her. She called back a few hours later and asked me pointedly if I was avoiding talking to her.

It's not that... I just didn't want to talk. At all. To anyone, except G. I feel flat, just drained, not emotional in the sense that I am on the verge of tears or anything... it's more like the absense of emotions. My mom said that it sounds like I'm depressed and that she's worried about me. Well, yeah Mom, I'm worried about me, too. It's just going to be something I have to get through.

Five more days now...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy McC said...

Good luck with the HSG today. I will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes well.

8/15/2005 7:20 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

argh! I know what you mean. Moms are the worst. I know they mean well...but c'mon, let me BE for a while!

8/15/2005 7:53 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Thinking of you and hoping it's truly painless!

8/15/2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger cat said...

Hope everything went alright with the HSG today and you get some good ole pampering for yourself after.

8/15/2005 6:24 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

How are you after the HSG? I hope the advil did the job and that they came up with some answers for you ((hugs))

8/16/2005 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home