Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bumper-sticker psychology

On my drive home today, I noticed that I was following a car with a yellow sticker on its right bumper; it read: "Say One Hail Mary."

After my thoughts the other day about Methodists dabbling in Catholicism, I thought maybe that wasn't the best advice I could follow today.

Shortly afterwards, the car turned right. I continued straight. I looked at the car now in front of me, and in the same spot as the first car, there was a sticker that said "visitIreland." ("dot com," of course, but I was really only concerned with the "advice" portion of the sticker.)

I was pondering whether the secret to all my hopes and dreams actually involved international airfare and a passport, but then just as quickly as the first car, car #2 turned, as well.

And left me following a car whose license plate said "FSH-**91".

Given that today was cd3 and I still have a small bruise from where they DREW my FSH level that very morning, that one left me to think some more. If my FSH would happen to be 91, that's VERY, VERY elevated. Meaning I would have poor ovarian reserve. (Or "old eggs", as I've been fond of calling it lately. If only I could just put them in water to see whether they sink or float!)

I wish I could say I got more clear-cut messages the rest of my way home, but alas, I did not.

------------------------------------------

Oh, I got my hair cut this afternoon, shorter than I probably would have liked but at this point I'm not really good at being specific, and it'll grow back. I will try to post a picture later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

I.m sure you have read my experience with the licence plates that foretold awful things for me, but after that first day, none of the other messages were ever any good, except as something to distract me from concentrating on the road!

Fingers crossed those tests come back 100% normal:)

8/09/2005 7:03 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Messages on the road are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable. Wait for the actual medical results. :o)

8/09/2005 7:04 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Okay, stupid question. Do Methodists even esteem Mary as anything other than an incidental character in the life of Jesus?

I do like the 'Visit Ireland' one. I could use some more Ireland right now. :-)

8/09/2005 8:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

E, no, Methodists don't hold Mary in as high a regard as Catholics do. Other than being the mother of Jesus, of course, but there's nothing further than that. (My father was Catholic before he married my mom, though, so I have a fair knowledge of Catholicism from going to Mass with my Grandmother, along with singing in a Catholic church choir while I was in college. Long story, that one!)

As for my road "signs", I just found it kind of amusing really... :)

8/09/2005 10:09 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

I saw another road sign today and I probably wouldn't have been looking if you hadn't have mentioned it...BAD INFLUENCE!!! (pointing at you and pouting). LOL:D

8/10/2005 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home