Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The HSG wasn't that bad. The girl who showed me back into the room said right off the bat "we're using a brand new room today, so don't be surprised if we are looking for things or commenting on the new space." She was young and friendly and that made me feel like laughing when they did it the first time.

The doctor came in and looked at my paperwork. He said "so, apparently your tubes aren't blocked!" I laughed a little and said "yeah, people have told me I'll be more likely to get pregnant after this HSG - well, I can get pregnant, I just can't stay that way." I told him the issue might be a possible septum.

When the dye went in, I winced. It was stronger than a period cramp, more of a pinch, but not excruciating or anything. I could see the screen above my head but had no idea what I was looking for, so I just followed instructions. ("Turn on your left hip. Lie flat. Turn on your right hip...")

The doctor was kind of vague on the results so now I have to wait to see what the final report says. But I'm glad it's over. I totally zonked out after everything was done (probably from the Advil and being nervous) so at least I got some rest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy McC said...

Glad it's over. Hope everything comes out clear!

8/16/2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Wow, I didn't realize you'd have to turn this way and that. Do they have something still stuck up there while they have you maneuvering like that?

And any idea when you'll get the final report?

Anyway - rest and hang in there. We'll be here.

8/16/2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

Yes, it's still up there. Fortunately it's not like turning COMPLETELY on the hip, just "angling up" a bit...

No idea when the final report will be in... hopefully soon.

8/16/2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Well you got through it. What is worse, the procedure or the waiting for results? I hope the report comes in as soon as they can manage it. ((hugs))

8/16/2005 6:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

The waiting, Jill... definitely the waiting. Ugh!

8/16/2005 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home