Friday, April 20, 2007

Surprises I actually like!

When I got the mail today, I stared at the padded envelope in my hand and thought "I didn't order anything..."

But look!
A package courtesy of Catherine with the sweetest show of support... a strength necklace.

This, for the person who cried on the way home from learning her diagnosis while listening to Christina A.guilera sing "Fighter" on the radio... "I am a fighter... I ain't gonna stop..." Ah well. I'll get there. I know there will be many many tears between now and the point in the future when I finish treatment and (hopefully) get clear scans, and this will be one more thing that will help me get through it.
It's perfect Catherine. Many many hugs and thanks.
And of course, we need one of me wearing it, with my new short do:

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Just so you know you're not alone and Steve and Sam and I are thinking of you and wishing you strength.

4/20/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

And I like the short "do." :o)

4/20/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger msfitzita said...

That Catherine is a very good egg :) The necklace is just beautiful - and it looks so good on you with your short new 'do! :)

P.S. Very cool that our birthdays are so close together! Knowing you're also a Taurus makes me think you'll be stubborn enough to beat anything that comes your way ;)

4/20/2007 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I've been MIA for quite along while and I finally caught up on your blog...I am thinking of you. You've got the strength, endurance and determination to fight this. I know you'll win.

4/21/2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

That is a great gift.

Like the hair, too!

4/21/2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Sambalina said...

Love the hair, and what a great and thoughtful gift!!

4/23/2007 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Love the photo...

4/24/2007 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home