Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Being a squeaky wheel sometimes actually helps...

I called my PCP's office today to ask if they could please, pretty please with sugar on top, prescribe me something to allow me to sleep without itching. (I may not have been that sweet; actually I was probably a cross between honey and vinegar, honestly. I'm that miserable.)

When the nurse called me back, she started asking a bunch of questions that led me to believe that NOTHING was documented in my chart. I stayed calm, believe it or not, and ran through the whole saga with her. Itching since July. Bloodwork and consult with dermatologist in the fall. Trials of three different antihistamines and steroid cream with no relief. Liver consult, ultrasound, fatty liver, CT scan, MRI. Two small lumps on right side of my neck.

Two things I'd have thought would have been asked previously but weren't were finally asked today:
  • "On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the worst, how bad is the itching?" Umm, a five most of the time, ten when it's really bad.
  • "Where exactly are the lumps located?" Back side of my neck, about two finger widths above my shoulder.


I have an appointment at 2:20 this afternoon.

Hurrah for someone who finally listened.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Lisa, that's good. Finally, a Mensch!

Please keep us posted. I'm worried about you.

2/01/2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

Way to go! Hope they're able to tell you what's going on. I'll keep an eye out for your news. Thinking of you!

2/01/2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger MB said...

And?

2/01/2007 7:26 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I hope to soon read that you were actually helped, and that you'll finally get some relief soon!

2/01/2007 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home