Sunday, January 28, 2007

Will I make it to question two?

Liver doctor's office called. The nurse left a message Friday saying they want me to call them. No other details.

I hope it's just something stupid. I had a minor reaction to the IV contrast during the CT scan, so perhaps they're calling to check up on that.

Fingers crossed.

Another thing I haven't shared here or with some of my other friends is that within the past two weeks, I noticed a lump on the back right side of my neck. Well, I should say two lumps, as it now kind of feels like two distinct nodules of some sort rather than just one. I can't get an appointment with my PCP's office until February 27 because - surprise, surprise - the doctor that I see is leaving the practice. Apparently lumps on your neck combined with itching qualifies me for one of the "emergency" appointments; thank goodness, as the regular appointments aren't until June.

(Thank goodness? What am I saying???)

I'm trying not to think the worst. It's tough though. I remember saying in an entry recently that I hoped that whatever I was dealing with wasn't going to get in the way of trying to have a baby.

I'm now just hoping that I'm being paranoid about everything.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa, what is it with these torture phone calls? Do they do that on purpose right before a weekend? And what on earth is the deal with having to wait a month for an "emergency" appointment??

I'm hoping everything, everything is OK, my dear.

1/29/2007 3:13 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I had my doctor leave something in my chart saying that if they were leaving a message, they had to leave what it was about. I am a panic-first kind of person...

I hope both the phone call and the lumps turn out to be nothing.

1/29/2007 4:06 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I hope it is all nothing to worry about!

1/29/2007 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home