Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Not that you're interested...

(are you??)

...but my temps recovered. At least temporarily; anything could happen tomorrow I suppose. It's sad, really, that I have nothing much else to blog about besides the daily ups and downs of my cycle, but I suppose it's not like I'm driving people away in droves by doing so. (There would have to be droves here in the first place!! Haha.)

I've decided to start taking low-dose aspirin. Yes, without my doctor's advice. I know that isn't the best decision I could make but my feeling about the aspirin is that it's not known to hurt, it's occasionally known to help, and it's becoming fairly standard practice at most of the RE's offices I've seen describing their programs online. I've found more articles in support of it than against it, and given the MTHFR, even though I'm taking my folic acid, I figure it's insurance. Plus I've heard rumors that it could help with implantation. I haven't tried every witch doctor trick in the book so far yet to get pregnant again, but I figure if I'm going down that path, I may as well start with the less quackery stuff first.

I was thinking an awful lot yesterday about what we do if this month isn't successful. Originally, before G's little mood swing, I might have thought it's time to go back to my doc, or the RE, and have some conversations. But now I don't know how he's feeling about the whole thing (except for frustrated) and I'm not sure now's the time to bring it up. At least not while I'm still in the two-week wait. I can only hope that we'll get pregnant this month and I won't have to bridge that conversation, but I still have a week to go and I'm not allowing myself to get hopeful at all.

A sad state to be in, really.

2 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

What she said. I'm taking low-dose aspirin on my RE's advice - same explanation. Some things are so low-lying even the tests can't pick them up, and yet it can make all the difference.

Low-dose aspirin is good for heart health, too. As long as you don't have bleeding ulcers or other blood problems, one low-dose aspirin a day can do a world of good.

9/13/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I wouldn't worry about teh aspirin. As others have said, it can't do too much harm unless you already have blood thinnign issues (do you know what your blood pressure usually is?)

Hoping for you.

9/14/2006 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home