Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Movin' right along...

*doog-a-doon, doog-a-doon*

Getting there (in a two-week-wait with a shot at success) was half the fun, after all. So I'm moving right into next cycle, keeping my chin up, all that good stuff.

Doctor's appointment yesterday was great. This doctor came highly recommended by two people who formerly worked on my team; I was told that he was very friendly and agreeable about first-trimester monitoring.

They were right. He told me that he wanted to see me for bloodwork *the very day* I get a positive home test; he offered to test me for HCG right then if I wanted to see if I'd had a chemical pregnancy, but accepted my wish to move forward instead; and he asked whether or not I had been told to take baby aspirin, and said he'd work with the new hematologist I'm seeing next month to determine a plan for pregnancy.

I'm very glad I switched; he seems miles ahead of my old OB/GYN and even more forward-thinking than my RE.

"Ready for the big time, is it ready for me?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Chan said...

So sorry things didn't work out this month, but SO glad you're loving your new Dr.

2/14/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Hey, we're on the same page again. Of music, that is. Not only did I get my period today, I've got the entire 'Muppet Movie' soundtrack in my head. THANKS, LISA.

2/15/2006 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home