Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Here we go, Lisa, here we go!

I've had a post in mind for a few weeks now, but every time I sat down at the PC to type it, my mind was a complete blank. Luckily, I have updates, and I remembered them all!

First, some thoughts on Chinese New Year, a week late for the start but still on time for the mid-celebration festivities. It's the year of the Dog, and being born in the right month of the year (May) in 1970 qualifies me. So while I'm not planning on making red packets or anything, I have been trying to think that possibly, just maybe, this could be "my year".

Thinking about it being "my year" has a lot to do with the general excitement that's taken over my town this week. Much like our beloved Black and Gold, I had a decent shot at "the big game" last year (two even!) but managed to be eliminated before I even had a shot. This year somehow feels different; just like the players, the coaches and the local media have been saying about this year's team, I feel more "in the zone."

All that being a long drawn out way of saying that I am officially in the 24-hour wait. Period's due tomorrow, and I just have a feeling that, to paraphase a little, we may have pulled a gadget play (i.e., nice timing after an HSG mid-January) and very possibly just scored the game-winning touchdown.

I'm scared to death of penalties, of course. Please, let this one stand up under review.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. Hoping you are indeed preggo!

2/08/2006 1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping right with you, my dear. Keep us posted!

2/08/2006 4:45 AM  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

Wishing you lots of luck for a BFP!!! Thinking of you!

2/08/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I hate football. But I'm cheering for you.

2/08/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Now I'm not going to be able to sleep!

2/08/2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger cat said...

Sooooo? *crosses fingers*

2/09/2006 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home