Thursday, December 15, 2005

rest and relaxation...

I didn't end up posting after all yesterday, as it was my most painful day. I think the carbon dioxide was to blame for that, as it was a more all-over achiness that corresponded with some bizarre bloating in my midsection. I'm doing much better today. I'm a little more mobile which tires me out some, but overall am doing much better sitting up and moving around. There's been hardly any vaginal bleeding, too, which is good, I suppose -- means that they cauterized me perhaps?? or that I'm healing quickly.

My incisions have bled a little, and there is some light discoloration under my navel -- possibly bruising, I think -- so I have a call in to the office to ask about those things. My throat is still sore, too, and it's almost like I have a cold in my throat -- I plan to have G get me some guafenasin so that I can get all the blech out of there. Yuck.

But aside from these minor things, I'm feeling pretty well. I'm taking my pain medication less frequently now, and am getting around better today than the first two days. Plus, I get to shower tonight! -- they used the "glue" on my incisions rather than stitches, so I wasn't allowed to get it wet at all for 48 hours. (My discharge instructions actually said "no swimming"... yeah, I was planning on doing some laps, darnit!) G helped to wash my hair yesterday afternoon, though, which felt WONDERFUL. He's being quite the excellent caregiver.

So, back to the easy chair I go, there are movies to watch and magazines to read. Rough life, I know.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts!

6 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and your husband is taking good care of you. Sit back and enjoy the pampering. You're going to be doing all the work in a very short time. :o)

12/15/2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Glad to hear you're doing fine! And what you're going through sounds very similar to my experience - except the sore throat part. And I didn't have stitches either, but they did put watertight bandages over them so I could shower. Oh well...

You'll be doing flips off the diving board within the week. If that's what you're into, of course.

Enjoy the R&R!

12/15/2005 3:49 PM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Oh he washed your hair! THAT is romantic, even if you are achy and bloated.

12/15/2005 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that yesterday was tough. Hopefully that was the worst of it.

When do you follow up with your doctor?

12/16/2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger cat said...

So glad you are ok and starting to feel a little better. Hope it's all uphill from here on out. Healing vibes your way.

12/16/2005 11:43 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Lisa-

Very glad to hear you're recoviering so well. Here's to better things in 2006!

12/16/2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home