Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Random thoughts from a bad blogger

Sorry for the lack of posts... here's a random thought post to make up for my laziness!
---
So I've been recuperating, not feeling all that great but getting by, and work has been exhausting-- there is truly no such thing as minor surgery in my book. Plus today I discovered that my navel incision had some... drainage. Smelly drainage. Yuck. Called the doctor and they gave me cleaning instructions as well as signs to watch out for in case of infection. Grrrrrre-at.
---
Why is it that towns have all whole-heartedly adopted the "family-friendly NYE celebration??" Those of us without kids who do not want to be reminded of the fact that we have kids yet certainly do not want to spend a night walking around in the cold watching families with kids making crafts and having fun, and with no alcohol to cushion the blow, to boot.

(Ok, nah, I'm not really that cranky, but wishing that I could afford the dough to go rent a room in Niagara Falls *and* buy a bottle of Dom... not thinking that's happening this year. We'll probably stay home. Bah.)
---
I've become a Lost-aholic. Really; I spend way too much of my time these days reading fan forums, coming up with theories and trying to figure out mysterious clues in this "webmaze" that may have been created by the show's producers (or may be fake, that's part of the mystery). I realized I have truly become obsessive today, when, talking with one of my fellow co-workers who got me started watching the show, I told her the name, hair color and occupation of one of the supporting characters. She didn't know who I was talking about.
---
I'm done with almost all of my "holiday" things aside from some baking I'd like to finish. My mom and I tried to have a mini-baking session on Saturday, with my dad assisting in stretching to reach in high cupboards for me and mom taking on most of the rolling pin duties. But in the end we still only got three kinds actually baked (two more doughs mixed in the fridge, though) and the sugar cookies and gingerbread have no icing. But hey, I made real rum balls, too; they're my favorite anyway.

Hope everyone's doing well in the blogisphere; I promise to check in on everyone soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

LOST-aholic! That's a perfect term! I have been slacking in all-things-LOST here lately. But now you've got me wondering again...

I hope you feel better soon.

12/20/2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I hate the ff-nye celebrations. Kids shouldn't be up that late. Parents should have parties. That's why God created babysitters.

Sorry about your navel drainage. I guess that means you never should get it pierced, 'cause it takes eight weeks to heal.

While you're pondering this, take good care of your incisions (how's the other one?) and write when you can.

12/21/2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger laura said...

glad to hear you're making a little progress. hope the healing continues. and you're absolutely right about those stupid "first night" things - as thought cities need to hold these alcohol-free family fairs because otherwise seven year olds would be out drinking that night. sheesh.

12/21/2005 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been swamped and MIA from the blogosphere, too.

I can't believe though, that you managed to finish all of your holiday stuff, despite the fact that you had surgery recently. I am going to be running around like that old headless chicken, because I am a complete slacker/loser. It's official.

Hope you're feeling all better soon.

12/21/2005 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home