Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pain.

I'm in it. For once, not the emotional kind though.

Similar to Justin's computer tossing incident, on Monday I also managed to have problems operating my legs properly (tripped on a computer cord) and twisted my ankle. At the time it didn't hurt that badly and I thought nothing of it.

However, having fibromyalgia, I often pay the day after (or for several days after) for a seemingly minor injury. That's the case with this one. My ankle is killing me, my left hip and knee are sore from being wrenched sideways, and my left ring finger is swollen and stiff from smacking it against my cubicle wall from trying like mad keep from falling. (I cannot get my rings off to save my life, not even with soapy hands!)

I'm sore all over, and even 800 mg of ibuprofen haven't been helping. (In fact, not even ice, elevation and Smithwick's, Laura...tried that last night with no positive results. Darn shame.)

And to add insult to (horribly klutzy) injury, because of the pain and a stressful meeting at work yesterday, I forgot to go to my counseling appointment last night. Good one, eh? *sigh*

Oh well, the day's almost over.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Aw, that all sucks(((hugs))). Just wondering, but how will the fibromyalgia effect you in pregnancy?

I hope the pain leavs you in peace sooner rather than later:(

10/13/2005 5:19 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

ow! Sorry to hear about your misery. Feel better soon.

10/13/2005 8:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

Supposedly Jill, the FMS will get better. Something about the hormones. Mine isn't horrible all of the time, fortunately.

10/14/2005 6:43 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

See...this is why you go wireless.

I hope you're feeling better today.

10/14/2005 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home