Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A depressed blogger is a boring blogger.

A seemingly quiet day in the blogisphere. I can hear crickets. And I've probably chased away most of my vast amount of readers (ha-ha) because I've been so down in the dumps lately.

I did have some thoughts this morning while pumping gas that may have been good blog topics, but they're gone now. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have an interface directly from my brain to the computer -- I'd forget less, perhaps -- but the government could probably do too much with something like that so it's not a good idea. So I just put up with forgetting things. A consequence of being depressed, or of having fibromyalgia (I never mentioned this but I was diagnosed in 1998), or just plain mental overload perhaps? At one point a few months back I was convinced I had ADD, but since I didn't have these problems with focus and concentration in childhood it's probably just from depression.

I also tried recently to type up the "what to blog about when you've got nothing to blog about" standard, "100 things about me" but couldn't think of more than three. I thought of a few more a week or so later, right before falling asleep one night, but of course, they're gone now. Ha.

4 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

You're not going to believe this, but I was DX'd with FM in 1998 too. It was in the spring. They thought it was MS; instead of focusing on my top half it struck my legs. It was very frightening. As soon as I left that particular job I got better - although to this day if I drive near that place my legs start to go numb.

And NO, I haven't stopped reading. I'll be away from the computer for a few days soon, but it's not personal. Honest.

Hang in there. Write when you feel like it. This is about you, remember?

9/21/2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

lol...I hear crickets...but that's only because the window installers are here and the outside has met the inside of my house. I'm going to be killing bugs for months. But they'll be done before sunset, so at least I'll avoid mosquitoes eating me alive. I promise I'll blog later.

And you could never scare us away. We're competing for the title of most depressing.

9/21/2005 12:34 PM  
Blogger cat said...

Still out here reading and hoping for you.

9/21/2005 2:14 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Further to what Catherine said, what kind of competition would it be without an audience and panel of judges??

We are hanging in there with you, never worry about that:)

9/21/2005 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home