Saturday, August 20, 2005

Thanks...

...to everyone who left a comment, your thoughts really helped me through the day.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had an appointment with the psychiatrist in the morning to talk about meds, and I cried when I got there since it's in a regular "medical office" and I had to get weighed, BP, etc. Made me think of where I'd rather be. But then I talked with this guy, he told me about some programs he knew about over at the women's hospital in town, and gave me a script for Zoloft.

I kept myself occupied the rest of the workday with "busy work"; since we just moved to a new office, that wasn't hard. The presentation I was supposed to be doing in the afternoon got rescheduled. All somehow made it tolerable.

After work, I decided to stop at a local store that sells helium balloons, and buy one to release in the park. When I asked how much to get a lilac one, the guy handed me one and said "free, at least right now. You came at the right time."

I went to the park and stopped at a small playground that was not being used at the time. I wrote a small note on the balloon and then sat on the playground equipment and thought good thoughts, as best I could. When I released the balloon, I took a picture with my camera phone. I think I might do a small memory book and that will be nice to have. I watched the balloon until it was no longer visible, and then drove home.

I may not have wished for this day to be this way, but overall, it was not a bad way to remember what happened.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Funny how calm it ends up being, isn't it? It sounds as though you are a great mum and that the balloon would have gotten there safely:)

8/20/2005 9:59 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Will you be getting your hsg results back today?

8/21/2005 6:45 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Funny how that balloon was free. Do you believe in messages?

8/22/2005 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home