Sunday, November 20, 2005

Contradictions

After all my jaded talk in my last entry, I found that I was in the midst of a blissfully peaceful weekend.

The pager was remarkably quiet (although I may jinx myself by saying this, I'm willing to take that risk) and G and I had a nice, relaxing weekend. We rented movies -- some old (War Games), some new (Bewitched), and some that reminded me of Lorem's hubby, even though I've never met him (Mallrats, even though I fell asleep halfway through).

My mom, dad and brother came up to visit today, and although they only planned on staying about fifteen minutes, they ended up staying for a few hours and we had a wonderful visit.

I got all my Thanksgiving shopping done (I'm cooking for the abovementioned family plus my grandmother) and afterwards, we had a quiet evening tonight, just the two of us.

It feels so normal, and I haven't felt normal in a long, long time. I like it.

G's downstairs right now, playing his guitar, and I think I'm going to go join him. That's part of our history -- before we started dating, we made music together, which is a wonderful way to start a relationship -- and reliving it makes me feel like my old self again.

I will make a comeback, I'm now sure of it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Smiling over here because I'm so glad you realize it.

11/20/2005 8:51 AM  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

Glad to hear the positive vibes! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

11/20/2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I've never seen 'Mallrats' and have little desire to see it. Actually, I'm not too crazy about Kevin Smith's movies, although the DVD 'An Evening With Kevin Smith' is hilarious and I could watch it over and over again. If nothing else, go rent that one!!

By the way, KS is a huge comics geek and has written 'Daredevil,' 'Spider-Man' and 'Green Arrow' comics (I had to ask my husband this - of course, he knew off the top of his head) and, for better or worse, discovered Ben Affleck many years ago. Also he's our age and dresses like a fat adolescent skater, but his stand-up is so engaging I don't even notice it anymore... much...

11/20/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

The only reason it reminded me of J is the comics connection, to be honest. No offense meant! :)

11/20/2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Oh normal is good. How nice.

11/20/2005 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. I hope you get more days like that - lots more.

11/20/2005 6:25 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

A night of music making sounds wonderful - what a gift you two have! I sound like a wailing cat - both my voice and my fiddle!!

11/20/2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger cat said...

May that comeback be truimphant.

11/21/2005 9:52 AM  
Blogger April said...

Normal? What is that again?!?!?

So glad you're finding a sense of normalcy in all this madness.

11/21/2005 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa that sounds lovely. I'm so glad you had such a restorative time. Being able to make music together must be a great gift.

11/21/2005 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had an enjoyable, relaxing weekend, Lisa. I hope that you enjoy cooking and hosting Thanksgiving and have a great holiday with your family.

11/22/2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home