Monday, November 14, 2005

And the good news keeps on comin'...

Homocysteine level from last Wednesday was 6.3. Normal is <10.4. This is (theoretically) exceptionally good news, as it means I'm not at immediate risk for a thrombophilic event. The 2 mg folic acid doesn't seem too low any more -- I've read some things recently that suggest I should be on at least 5 mg, plus B6 and B12, but if my levels are within the normal range now, and stay that way, there's reason to think that I won't need heparin or baby aspirin next time I'm pregnant, either. Or might not, at least.

Hope has been seen circling around my neighborhood recently, and I'm trying to get up the nerve to invite her in.

Well, that, and trying my best not to sit around waiting for the other shoe to drop.

7 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

That's great. We'll see if Cat knows if Hope has a twin sister or just has a very large territory. (Hope NE, Inc.)

11/14/2005 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Lisa! I've read that while 10 is considered normal, around 6 is where they like pregnant women to be. Fantastic news, indeed! I got similar news today also. Hcyst went from 11.4 to 8.8 with the use of 2 mg folic acid and B6 and B12. HOPE.

11/14/2005 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that's something to be Thanksful for.

11/15/2005 6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Lisa. I'm glad that you got good news! I can imagine what a relief that must be. Hooray!

11/15/2005 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news, Lisa. Good news.

And some shoes, I've heard it say, never drop, so it's no good waiting for them. And let Hope in... she's freezing out there!

11/15/2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger April said...

Wonderful news.

11/15/2005 1:45 PM  
Blogger cat said...

Great news... Congrats. Hope should come on in for a spell there is much she has to offer.

*hugs*

11/15/2005 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home