Monday, November 07, 2005

Oh, why not!

Forgive me; I'm about to whine a bit.

I've been getting nauseous on and off for the past two days. Normally, if I were in the midst of a "TTC cycle" I would be analyzing the heck out of this peculiar feeling to see whether or not I could possibly be...

But it's only cd10, and we're into preventing mode now, and besides, I couldn't POSSIBLY be lucky enough to avoid the one thing it *actually* is:

Migraines.

I haven't had one for over a year. They stopped sometime before we started trying, but I can't recall exactly when. All I know is that I never bothered to get another prescription for the meds (Maxalt, which worked *wonderfully*) because, well, you can't take them when you're...

When I was getting them before, I never bothered to find out what my triggers are, but I would think that stress is probably a big factor in my case. Not reducing that any time soon. I haven't been to see any type of physician that didn't involve removing my pants for over a year, either, so I don't know that my primary care physician would even know who I was if I called.

So now I sit here in front of my computer, willing my stomach to calm down, and hoping that the pain won't kick in while I'm driving to work.

I so didn't need this right now. Waaaaaaaah.

5 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

oh, that feeling is the worst. i hope and pray it was just a false start and you escape the migraine.

my dad and my aunt had them, and i used to have them. my trigger was post-event-crash: whenever i had some big event i planned and pulled off (directing a play at school, having thanksgiving at my house, a big presentation at a conference), as soon as it was over i got the migraine. oddly but wonderfully, after i got the therapy i needed to deal with my dad stuff, i never got another one, so maybe being depressed in the first place was a necessary condition for the trigger to go off.

feel better.

11/07/2005 8:31 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

A few months after my first miscarriage, nausea became a PMS symptom. This drove me nuts because I was on vacation and also my luteal phase had lengthened and I was SURE I was pregnant. So maybe it's not stress (alone), because I sure was relaxed - just a physiological change hitting. Unfortunately, it may be the migraines too. But I hope not.

(((((hugs)))))

11/07/2005 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, some nice bonus shit for you to deal with. What a drag! I hope you manage to stave off the head pain somehow. And if whining helps, go ahead, crab away. We'll listen!

11/07/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger cat said...

I suffer from migraines as well and literally feel your pain. Try an anti-inflammatory. They did wonders for me while the other migraine meds just made me sicker and sicker.

Ice and caffeine also... I know it sounds simple and silly... but they did work for me.

I hope you can avoid them. *hugs*

11/07/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

Oh, migraines are the absolute worst. I hope you're able to get some relief. (((hugs)))

11/07/2005 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home