Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Updates

First, our insurance dilemma: G agreed that in the long run, the $1100 for insurance that covers infertility treatments, even if we don't need them, is money better spent than not purchasing it and possibly needing it.  So, we're all signed up.  I'm quite relieved.
 
Plus, it will simplify matters *when* I am pregnant again (like that optimism, there?) such as whether I will work up to my due date and whether I'll return to work after delivery.  If I'm already on his insurance, those choices won't affect my work status.
---
Second, the nausea: thanks for all your concern.  I do think it's related to the medication, as I took it with food this morning and got a reduced amount of nausea (and no pain, thankfully).  I have a call in to the doctor to see whether I can split the dose up and take it morning and night, as opposed to all at once.
---
and last but not least: my hematologist's appointment is 8am tomorrow morning, so I'll update as soon as I can with the outcome there.  Now that I think about it more I'm hoping to get away without heparin/lovenox injections (looking at injection instructions with a diagram of "where to shoot" makes me a little green - eek!) but of course I will do whatever I must to ensure a successful pregnancy.   Since I was on birth control pills for twelve years without noticing any problems, I'm wondering if maybe my homocysteine levels have not really been a problem?  Although some of the things I've read have suggested that women can be a-ok when they're not pregnant but out of whack when they are.  We'll see, I guess -- no use overcomplicating things in my head since the appointment is tomorrow, right??  (Yeah, if only I could follow that logic!)

4 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Yay! I'm glad you're getting some peace of mind.

11/08/2005 3:30 PM  
Blogger cat said...

Took BC pills as well for approx 15 years with no clotting issues. Damn lucky we are.

Hope you can avoid shots but don't know of any medication safe but LMWH (lovenox or heparin) during pregnancy.

Would be happy to email you tips on shots if you have to do them. They get easier! I promise!

Good luck at the Hematologist.

11/08/2005 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been surprised to learn how many of us have wonky blood. Looking forward to your report following your appointment.

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Good news about the insurance, too.

11/08/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

My clotting issues were triggered by BC pills and the complications (hemiplegic migraine) of that are only evident during 1st trimester of pregnancy now.

I take 100mg of aspirin every day now and it has almost entirely eliminated my migraines - to the point where they are not debilitating anyway.

BTW my prob is a mild protien S deficiency which is not all that bad now I am treating it. Not bad at all actually. So you may be in for more agressive treatment with yours but if you can get away with a less invasive treatment, I hope that's what you get:) Good luck!

11/08/2005 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home