Thursday, October 20, 2005

Report card

Picked up the copy of my chart that I first requested from my old doctor's office in AUGUST. (Can we say "glad I'm outta there"??) It's interesting to be able to see what these folks have to say about you:

At follow-up after first loss, where I cried a lot in her office: "Coping well." (Ha, hahahahaha. Ha.)

Same appointment, where I begged her to test my progesterone and she said there is no normal level: "Patient was reassured of normal ovulatory function. No need to do testing or add progesterone." (Umm, just because YOU feel that way doesn't mean I agree.)

Notes from phone call after second loss, where I had an emotional meltdown with the doctor to whom I'd never spoken before: "Patient very frustrated with 2 spont. ab's and wants w/u to be done." (No shit, sherlock! What was your first clue? My remark that I wanted to be tested by your office or I'd find someone who would??)

Same phone call, where doctor quoted me such helpful stats as most miscarriages are chromosomal in nature and we're only able to determine a cause with very few miscarriages even though I told them that I wanted to be tested anyway: "Standard stats/expectations reviewed." (Oh boy, this is really starting to be fun!)

Shame they didn't have more to say about me. I'm actually kind of enjoying this.

5 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Listen, girlfriend. You can have perfect hormones and chromosomes and all that, but if you have a septum, you have a 90% chance of miscarrying. And you have a septum. So screw the 'standard stats/expectations.'

When do you go in for your op?

10/20/2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Never mind. I just went back and looked; you have an appointment in a week.

10/20/2005 2:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

Yep, isn't it fun that some doctors automatically dismiss folks? (I've got more than the standard equipment! Makes me feel like that should be a good thing even though it's not.)

Yep, appt's Friday. Can't wait... wanna get this show on the road!

10/20/2005 3:05 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I think you know how I feel about doctors by now. At least yours recorded your phone calls...even if they were condescending bastards. And I'm soooo glad you left them. {{{hugs}}}

10/20/2005 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, it's doctor's like this that have made me so fierce. I no longer let them treat me like that. You think I give trolls a tongue lashing on my blog? Well, you should see what I do to someone in real life if they dismissed me like that. Uh uh, no more. Look they made me, three years of this crap with no answer. I call it Frankenstein's monster coming home to roost.

Emily

10/26/2005 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home