Monday, October 24, 2005

Random Monday thoughts

I'm exhausted today. I haven't felt this tired in a while; it's making my day really difficult. I'm fighting the urge to put my head down on my desk, like we did in grade school.
--
Three and a half days until my followup with the RE. Lorem, I had another question and might as well ask you here: did you get a choice of what anesthesia they would use?
--
After Laura's recent post about hair color, I dyed my hair on Saturday. It's now a darker brown, with just some hints of red but not as much as I'd have liked. I think I should've picked "medium auburn" as opposed to "light reddish brown." Has anyone ever tried applying henna over permanent color? (i.e., will that make my hair fall out??)
--
We recently got a Sur La Table store that is within walking distance of my office. I've been there twice since Thursday afternoon. I could do a LOT of damage to my credit cards in that place. Sometimes I wish I would have chosen to do something with my life that involved cooking, and although it would not be unusual to go back to culinary school at my age, the funds are just not there. Plus there's that whole *I plan to be a stay-at-home-mom* thing that I'm still hanging onto, because "I'm really optimistic that we'll get through surgery just fine and get back to the work of getting pregnant again." (repeat ad nauseum to convince myself.)
--
Time for a nap. (I wish.)

2 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

i've never tried henna, although i thought about it while i was pregnant. i'm afraid of the i love lucy look, which was fine in my early 20s, but not so much now that i'm 36, i mean, 26.

10/24/2005 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about the henna, Lis. Then again I had a horrible hair coloring mishap and am a bit gunshy. Maybe some auburn highlights??

As for your looming RE appointment, I am wishing you well. Please let me know how it goes.

Love,
Marcie

10/25/2005 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home