Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Out of the blue

Last night G came into the kitchen while I was making dinner, and said that they'd gotten their information for open enrollment at work. He and I are currently on our own insurance, through our own employers. I was thinking he was going to say something completely different than what came out of his mouth next:

"There is some coverage for some type of fertility things."

So if we would need it (and I'm not saying that we will, just thinking ahead) there may be an option for it. Even though I'm not sure the extent of the coverage, I think this is positive news -- not only that it's covered, but that he brought it up to me once he saw it. Small miracle, there.

He's going to bring home the information tonight for me to review, and then I guess we will have a talk about whether it's time to get on the same insurance.

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

I'm not sure why, but this post made me smile.

10/25/2005 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Lis - I'm happy for you!

10/25/2005 8:36 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

GOOD.

A year ago I went on my husband's insurance because it had maternity coverage. The opposite happened. So if you get on the infertility coverage, perhaps the same reverse effect will happen for you.

10/25/2005 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be great to have insurance that covers infertility if you ever want or need to do fertility treatments...hopefully you won't need it, though!

10/25/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger cat said...

It is good to have coverage. Even though we didn't go the full IVF or IUI route we needed coverage to get the stim drugs. It's really sweet he's thinking of this.

10/25/2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger laura said...

free drugs and a husband willing to try 'em - reasons for hope!

10/25/2005 4:47 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That is good news; the planets must be in some sort of alignment or something. :)

10/25/2005 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home