Thursday, September 01, 2005

Be careful what you wish for.

Having answers isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I had barely opened the envelope and scanned the numbers when one popped out at me:
"International Normalized Ratio (INR): L 1.0
Reference Range: 2.0 to 4.0
Key for flags: L-Low"
Hmmm, this one might not be a problem... maybe. It says something about oral anticoagulant therapy, and I'm not on that.

Next page:
"ANA Titer: 1:40
Reference range: Less than 1:40"
Ok, try not to read too much into that one, Lisa. The RE will probably just suggest baby aspirin on that one. No big deal.

Next page:
"FSH 11.9 mIU/mL";
then, further down the page within the reference ranges:
"Ovarian Failure: 11.5-91.1 mIU/mL"
I'm trying very hard not to let my mind get ahead of me with that one. Talked to G about it and he said "don't worry about it until you've talked to the doctor; what's normal at one age may be abnormal at another."

Let's just hope that he's right and I'm wrong.

5 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I wish I could tell you what that meant too. Maybe someone here can. I hope someone can help you make sense of it soon. Is there a nurse practitioner who can answer your questions in the meantime?

9/01/2005 3:32 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I have no idea what any of that means, but I'm hoping you'll get some answers soon. Try not to borrow trouble, as my grandma would say. :o)

9/01/2005 3:45 PM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

The waiting is so hard. I hope you get the anawers you need.

9/01/2005 4:39 PM  
Blogger laura said...

(sigh) wish i could translate, but for all i know it's saying you have a high aptitude for mathematics.

9/01/2005 5:27 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

I'm so sorry all those results are so well, borderline. That, in my experience, is worse than definitively bad results or (obviously) good results. It just throws up so many maybes. I guess you'll be on profilactic (sp?) meds at the very least.

It's a mercy that your RE appointmant is fairly close ((hugs)). Try not to worry too much until then ( I know!!! easier said than done!!)

9/01/2005 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home