Thursday, August 25, 2005

insert clever title here

I decided to try to use a little white lie in my favor this morning, but it backfired.

I called my doctor's office as soon as they opened this morning, and told the receptionist that Dr. K "called when I'd stepped away from my desk" (not really a lie, per se, just stretching the truth? yeah.) and that I was hoping to get my results from her. Receptionist said "you don't want to talk to anyone else?" I said "well, SHE'S my gynecologist -- since I am not yet an OB patient I have not met the other doctors in the practice yet. So yes, I'd prefer to speak with her."

Unfortunately, she is out of the office for the next week.

I gave them my office and cell numbers so that whichever %$@*^&# doctor ends up calling me back, they will hopefully be able to actually REACH me.
----------------------------------------------------

On a semi-related note: my chart this month looks somewhat like a graph of the stock market crash of 1929. If my temps go any lower I will start asking G to check me for a pulse during the night. According to my normal stats, I should have ovulated by now, but something has delayed it (STRESS maybe???). Not that we're doing anything about it this month anyway; I have no intention of going anywhere near G until there's no chance in hell that I'd get pregnant. I feel like I'm in high school again.
----------------------------------------------------

Oh, one last note: I'm a little bitter this morning. Can you tell??

5 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I generally don't care who I talk to at my OB-GYN's office. My doctor usually is so busy DELIVERING BABIES I rarely get the pleasure of talking with her. Who knows, you might wind up with someone more accessible.

Keep us posted!

8/25/2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

No such luck - I've already spoken on the phone to the two (male) doctors previously -- one when I got my second hCG after loss #2 and demanded testing, and the other when all my b/w from the testing came back "normal", no further explanation -- and they each seem to have the personality of a stick. Oh well.

8/25/2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Well I suppose, being as you are trying to avoid getting knocked up then maybe we can pretend there's nothing sitting in a folder on someone's desk waiting to be told to you...maybe?

As long as you get the results before AF shows up so that you can make a plan in time for the next cycle, then maybe it'll be ok...ok I KNOW what it is like to sweat over results, but my own strategy is to try to fit them into my ttc schedule so it feels like I have some control. It's all a load of crap really because we all know that control is had by everyone else except us, but anyway. It sucks that you can't get the results. ((hugs))

8/25/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Wow, your chart really does look exactly as you described it! If you have o pains again this morning I would say today is the day but all things being even, I wouldn't mind betting that you O'd in the early hours of day 19 which is why you have no ewcm but your temps didn't rise that morning. I will wait with baited breath to see what your Friday temp will be....

8/26/2005 5:18 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Have you talked with anyone yet?

8/26/2005 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home