Monday, August 29, 2005

I can breathe...

For the first time in a long while, I managed to get through a whole day of work without feeling inadequate.

While I had some reminders of what could have been today (the catalog that arrived in the mail that advertises a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament, or the slight tinge of pink mixed in with my CM) I did not cry, or dwell, or or even really think about my situation. I just made it through my day and came home.

This is life. This is moving on. This feeling of complete normalcy, which I've managed to forget. I know that I won't do this well every day, but it proves that I can surprise myself.

My head may be congested, and my nose may be stuffy, but boy, did I ever breathe today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Good for you!

8/29/2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Sounds like a great day just cos it was so darn plain:) Here's to many more run-of-the-mill days leading up to that WOO-HOO day when that second line comes up:)

8/29/2005 11:40 PM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I've just discovered your blog. I am going to add it to my list. I think of the blissful ignorance I had before I started trying to conceive and finding out we had problems.

8/30/2005 2:39 AM  
Blogger cat said...

Here's to a few mundane days full of just life. They are a blissful thing indeed.

We would never have known that had we not walked so far.

8/30/2005 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home