Friday, August 26, 2005

Kiss my assay...

Well, I got the results, delivered by the brand new doctor in the practice who had such a thick accent I could barely understand her. We'll call her Dr. Incomprehensible.

To sum up: No evidence of septum. Possible scar tissue in lower segment of uterus. Suggest hysteroscopy for diagnostic purposes, with the option to treat -- i.e., remove scarring, although this is the point where I had to ask her to repeat herself about three times because it sounded like she said it could be "liced"... um, what??? -- during the procedure.

Also - my FSH from cd3 was 11.9. "Not menopausal" per Dr. Incomprehensible. However, on all the sites I've looked up so far, whether a level above 10 is good or bad depends on the type of assay that was used by the lab, and if the good doctor told me that, I didn't understand it.

So... all that said, since I'm leaving this doctor anyway, how do I start?? Any advice from those who have gotten fed up with inept doctors in the past?

3 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Do NOT tell them off until all your records are sent over and received. Otherwise they may be 'lost.'

I don't know what 'liced' means either. Sliced? And what is an assay?

8/26/2005 3:20 PM  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

Well shit. I am sorry you didn't get more clear answers. I agree with lorem. Ask for ALL of your records and be sure you have them all before you tell them to F-off.

8/26/2005 3:21 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Yeah, what they said. Funny how doctors can behave as though they are from a higher order of the species but behave like 12 year olds when you offend them.

I'm sorry you weren't able to learn much though:( Have you found a new OB yet? On FF they are always going on about how you need to interview new OBs until you find one you like. To me that would cost a load of money though...I don't know how it works for you though.

Hope you are feeling better with your cold:)

8/26/2005 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home