Thursday, July 28, 2005

I've spent the past hour here at work reading the blog of a woman I don't know, who lost her baby at 35 weeks in May. My heart breaks for her. I want to tell her this, but I don't know if that makes me look like some weird person desperately searching for someone who might understand. I think that's just part of what blogging IS, but I guess I haven't really learned the rules yet. Is that what we do??

I spent another 45 minutes before that Googling "septate uterus" and trying not to let myself worry too much about that before I even have the HSG.

I can hear the pregnant woman who works on my floor laughing with another of my coworkers. She's due a month after my due date from the first miscarriage, and I am dreading the fact that we will probably have some sort of "shower" for her right around the time I would've been leaving this place, for good, to raise my child.

I've gotten next to nothing done at work today, and as usual, I just don't care. This horrible attitude was here before I lost either pregnancy, and it certainly hasn't gotten any better since.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Hi Lisa,

Sounds like you and I have some things in common. Are you trying again straight away? I don't know how I would go with a third m/c this year but I've been ttc pretty much constantly for 5 years where there has been an available cycle to obsess over! I don't know what I will do with myself if I'm not trying to get knocked up!

Nice to meet you, I only wish the circumstances were better:(

7/28/2005 9:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

Hi Jill,

No, we're not trying right yet. I can't go through this again, without knowing if there's something fixable causing it. (I know, it's entirely possible that I might, but I want to be armed with info first.) But yeah, it's weird thinking about not TTC, and so I haven't really thought about it, you know?

Thanks for the post. :)

7/29/2005 8:23 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Stumbling in from Jill's blog...

I can honestly say that I feel honored (if a bit embarassed) that you would take an hour to read my ramblings.

I type as therapy. And in doing so, I have met the most amazing group of women I may never have met otherwise. I needed someone who understood...and I found many someones. I gain strength, courage, sympathy, and support (and a good kick in the ass when I need one) from these women. I hope I can offer the same to you.

7/29/2005 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home