Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Poke me, prod me...

My doctor has agreed to send me for testing. I am in shock about her willingness to do this, because for some reason I expected a much bigger fight.

I've got a script in my hot little hand right now for several tests: TSH; fasting glucose; ANA; anticardiolipid and antiphospholipid antibodies (I feel like I should break into a song from "Mary Poppins" whilst talking about these two...); Factor V Leiden; MTHFR; prothrombic gene variant, and protein S and protein C.

I *didn't* win on getting a 7dpo progesterone draw. She's one of those doctors who doesn't believe in it, I think. After my first miscarriage, she told me "there's no normal level"... but, at least she agreed to give me progesterone supplements, if I want them.

She's also letting me get an FSH level, and this one seems to be a "since you want it so bad, I'll order it" kind of test. She doesn't see the point, but she'll do it.

One kind of scary thing: I may have a septate uterus. They're going to have me schedule a hysterosalpingogram to see if there are any abnormalities. I think this is the scariest part of all the stuff I'm getting right now. If there is a septum, they'd have to remove it surgically... after all we've been through, the thought of surgery there is not just scary, it's DAMN scary.

So, tomorrow I get the big blood draw (wonder how many tubes they'll need for these??)... and then we wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home