Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Open mouth, insert foot...

About a half an hour ago I was on a conference call meeting that my boss had asked me to start attending. This week, I had to represent someone else's proposed changes on this meeting.

I started getting asked sharp questions that I didn't know the answers to. I said that I would need to check with the person who was asking for the changes. Well, she heard me say her name and walked over to my cubicle to see what was going on.

I put the meeting on speakerphone and THOUGHT I pushed the 'mute' button. We started talking about what was going on (and since I'd been backed in a corner while I was on the meeting myself, I probably was more than just a little frustrated) -- then all of a sudden I noticed the rest of the meeting had gotten very silent...

We weren't on mute.

I started crying silently. The other woman took over the discussion and I sat there weeping to myself because I'm such an idiot, such a baby, and so ready to be out of here it HURTS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home